Thursday 15 March 2018

K-Pop Academy Week #3: Korean Cuisine - Hansik

[I missed last week's lessons about Pansori due to the London snow disaster, lol sigh]

So this week's theme at the K-Pop Academy was about food (Hansik)!!!


Now, when it comes to cooking, I barely know where to start. Sure, I know how to make a few items most essential for survival (aka ramen!!), but I can't even dream to be Gordon Ramsay. I would be so lost in a kitchen. Talk about foreign cuisine, ha!

Mr. Hyungsoo Yim is the expert who guided us through these uncharted territories. He skillfully cooked up three delicious sauces and four notable Korean dishes in less than an hour!



Presenting the dishes **drum roll**


haha yeah I did promise better quality pictures, but the lot of us just burst towards the table the moment the demonstration ended. The sauces and some of the dishes were really heavenly spicy. The food was gone in less than a minute! And understandably so, after sitting for an hour watching the cooking demonstration with hunger and expectation.
But luckily, I asked some of my friends from the academy and they have been so kinds enough to send me their pictures. 😍
See the good quality photos? Yeah, they are not mine.
A big thanks to Wan Nie, Aneta Mrkvičková, and Tamara Rodiguez

The menu was:

#1- Anshim Pyunchae (Seared beef fillet slices)

Probably my most favorite of all the dishes I tried. The beef slices were marinated in honey and soy sauce overnight, so it gave a very sweet and delicious smell when they were cooked.

#2: Boo Chu Aehobak Jeon (Chives and courgette pancake)


I was heartbroken to find that there weren't any left by the time I reached that plate. On my defense, I was too busy gulping down the spicy kimchi!

#3: Dooboo (Tofu) Salad

Perhaps the simplest dish to make, but frying the tofu on high temp. seemed dangerous tricky. idk. It was so delicious though!!

#4: Baechu Gutjuri (Fresh Kimchi)

And finally, what is Korean cuisine without our beloved Kimchi? It was the spiciest thing on the menu, but the food was gone almost instantly.



We were also given copies of the recipes he made, and I hope one day I will be confident enough to try it!



... or not. The safety of my neighborhood may be at stake.


Looking at all that food, I couldn't help but think especially about my husband bias from BTS, Jin, and how he eats well and immensely enjoys each bite in his v-live shows.



#getyoselfamanthatknowshisfood

Until next time! See ya ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

cursor credit