Monday 5 September 2016

September 2016 Update

Hello there! What's up? I know, I know. I promised that I will be back with another book review, and I swear I have some drafts I am working on. It's just that i don't feel very confident about publishing those here yet. I have been reading some other book review blogs which are really good to get some motivation, but it had the opposite effect on me and made me realise how much work I need to put on my reviews to improve to a decent level. Until then, I would like to focus on free-style blog post writing but I can promise that book reviews will be back soon. Just be patient with me.

I am not new to blogging but I did have old Tumblr blogs in the past that I have given up on, and honestly I am this close to dumping this one as well. And this is why I am definitely not good at blogging:

 I hopelessly suck at promoting my blog. It's not that I'm lazy.... okay well, that's ONE of the reasons, but mainly, the way I see promoting is to kind of ''bragging'' about the good things you are writing about. I don't feel I am yet to that level where I am proud of what I write about because so far I have written things based on sudden inspiration and never went back to edit and re-read it again after publishing. I would rather people find my blog and follow it because they have found something they like reading. I know this won't take me very far.
There is also the fact that it takes a lot of time for me to complete one post, so I am unable tow rite very often.

So, this is it. The reality of the girl behind this blog. However, since university is starting soon again, I thought it might be a good idea to keep this blog as symbol for one thing I still haven't given up on. I could use it to document my thoughts and adventures, or to write down my reflections, etc. You know, I just want to continue for the fun of it! And I hope you will too. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

cursor credit