Tuesday 7 June 2016

June 2016 Update - New Obsessions



I am one of those kinds of people that find so many things to like and obsess over real quick. From years of experience, I have learned to manage my hobbies and likes and not let it become an unhealthy part of my life. It's all a matter of discipline really (says the girl getting ready for PLL even though she hates it at this point).


- The Colour Mint


Lovely pastel color combination. Is it weird that I love these for wedding colors? Because I'm really quite anti-pastel typically...:
This is my newest obsession, which started precisely yesterday. If you follow me on Pinterest , you might have noticed my boards were starting to flood up with mint-themed pictures. Not to mention the blog title right up there! I'm like, where has this color been all my life? It's so flawless and refreshing. To think that just a few days ago I was getting tired of my favourite colours (purple, royal blue and orange) and decided that maybe I didn't have any. Now I want to paint everything around me with Mint.


- "Descendants of the Sun" (K-Drama)

Image result for descendants of the sun poster

I have been so proud to report that my tv-holic-self has been sober for three months straight! I know right!! Honestly, I was really surprised but I managed quite fine without my favourite tv shows and animes.
So now that I have free time, I needed something to watch every weekend. I knew I wanted to continue watching this show in particular, since I had only watched three episodes before quitting all TV shows for three months.
Brief (aka boring and lazy) summary:

Yoo Si-Jin, captain of the South Korean Special Forces Unit, meets Dr. Kang Mo-Yeon after a series of misunderstanding and clarification. They start liking each other and agree to go on a date. Except that their career lives keep getting in the way all the time, so their relationship doesn't really work out Yoo Si-Jin is summoned to a mission in Uruk. Some time later, Mo-Yeon's career as a doctor doesn't take off well as she had hoped to, and as a result of a disagreement with an elder colleague, she is sent to work as the leader of the voluntary research team camp... in Uruk!

And yep, this is all I remember from what I've watched so far, but with K-dramas, there are always multiple storylines from each character that play ot so well without getting too over the top.

I am normally not a fan of  the romance genre, but like, this show has reduced me to nothing but a puddle of tears and joy after 3 episodes. It was sooooo good that I am surprised on how did I manage to quit it with no second thoughts.
Maybe because I was trying to balance my interest on the Korean culture before it took over  my whole sanity. And Bangtan was the reason let me tell you why.


- BTS (Bangtan Boy Scouts)


(aka - Suga talking about my social life after this MV. Like, goodbye indeed!)


I kind of have this habit of ignoring trends and popular things without meaning to. I just find myself more attracted to stuff from music to books that nobody has heard about yet but which are so good. Same happened with this group here. You might remember my previous post about Kpop music here, where I have ranked them to number 7 (shocker!! They are now in number 3 on my top ten, after B2ST and Big Bang). Butterscotch, was I missing out a lot!
BTS (Bangtan Boy Scouts) are like literally on ''faaiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaare'' (ahem, sorry..) right now in the Kpop world, especially after their later music video called ''Fire''. The members from left to right are:

Jin, Rap Monster, Suga, Jungkook, V, Jimin, and  J-Hope

Basically, they are the craziest Kpop group there ever is. They are so wickedly talented and good-looking, but also the weirdest and funniest guys on the planet! Just watch any of the Behind The Scenes of the music videos on Youtube to second that. I may be a little biased on the fact because currently I am a huge fan of Bangtan.

Speaking of their music videos, their recent ones this year were all fantastic! What really captivated me to watch them was when I heard that there is actually a big story behind all their MV's.  I loved the filmography techniques the production teams have used each scene to imply the meaning of something bigger than just your regular teen idol music video. It's all like one big movie in the end! It might be a little hard for you if you are a new fan to BTS to remember who is who, though, but that's just the beginning of a K-pop fangirl's problems. Am I right, Kpop lovers? 
The fandom has made so many mind-blowing and possibly legit theories on how all their MV connect to one big story. 
This is my favourite one so far (and honestly, the only theory I have watched. It fits so perfectly that I refuse to believe anything else!). This video is just the first part of her theory.



So if you are interested to see what the story is about for yourself, I'll leave the links to the MVs in the order you have to watch according to the video above. Just click on the hearts!
Note: You can skip the Japanese Versions if you want to even though they are different videos to the Korean Versions, but let's be real for a second. With the outstanding choreography, unforgettable sceneries and addictive beats of the Bangtan Boys: WHY WOULD YOU?!
  1. ''I Need You'' (Japanese Version) 
  2. ''I Need You'' 
  3. ''Prologue - Butterfly'' (This one is basically a short movie and oh my god the aesthetics! You guys HAVE to watch this.)  
  4. ''Run'' 
  5. ''Run'' (Japanese Version) 
  6. ''Epilogue - Young Forever'' 
  7.  ''Fire'' 
  8. '' Save Me'' 
Let me know in the comments if you loved watching these MVs.


- Mango and Cinnamon tea

Image result for mango and cinnamon tea
I love how London has a much bigger variety of tea combinations than I could find back in Rome! Jasmine Green Tea, Bluberry, Lemon and Ginger, etc.
Heck, there is even Vanilla coffee!  This tea, in particular, is a magic spell from the god of exotic lands. It's a really weird test at first because it's a mixture of sour and sweet. I like to watch the teabag turn the water red. The more you leave it there, the more fragrant it becomes. I almost feel like I've been living in a cave all these years, 'cause I'm not entirely sure whether these things are really missing in Rome. :o  I mean, mangos are my favourite fruit ever, so like how did I not know that this tea didn't exist?
If you ever find this tea, you've got to try it. It's so delicious!


- Garlic Bread

I've never tasted Garlic Bread before coming to London. And let me tell you, this stuff is awesome. It's currently my second favourite food, after noodles! And it just confirms that I have been living in a cave indeed.


- Riddles

cat sherlock holmes mouse mlp looney tunes

Give me a good riddle to solve and I will be your good friend for life. As a lover of mysteries, cracking riddles before going to bed is just the thing to do to exercise my brain power, if not for a good laugh 'cause some of them are hilarious! There are apps such as Riddle Me That and Riddles 101 that are a great place to start!
Speaking of which, here is one for you:
 What kind of room has no doors or windows?

If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me. What am I?

What gets broken without being held?

Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?


- Photography


Last Wednesday, my parents made me sit down at the table for a serious conversation time. Uh-oh. What did I do this time? Gosh, they made me so nervous, but guess what was the reason for such an intervention? Apparently, my dad was browsing through my phone the other day. With a calm and serious tone, they asked me what in the world is wrong in my head that I have 36 picture of my work desk, 22 pictures of the pasta dish I had for lunch and like no selfies at all?? 
I could have burst out laughing, except that they really were dead- seriously concerned that I was in no way acting like kids my age. Hahahaha, well I mean photographers will get that, right? One picture of our target is simply not enough. You need to experiment with the angles, adjust the lighting, switch directions and don't even get me started on the editing. I love taking pictures of sceneries and objects that inspire me rather than people or myself (definitely not myself!). Then I change some effects here and there while trying to stay as close to the real thing as possible. Doing all this requires lots of time to get the final product so that your audience will see the picture the way you have visualized your object.  So no, you are not insane if you do that!
Right? 
Okay, I don't know much about photography at all, I am simply an amateur and love to go landscape hunting on my free time, giving every picture a meaning and allegory. Then one day, I am going to print all my pictures out and cover the whole walls in my room with all of them. *^* 


Soooo that's all for today. Thank you for reading this and for keeping up with my madness.
^_^ 




No comments:

Post a Comment

cursor credit